Hi everyone! It’s getting very close to Christmas now so I thought I’d participate in the 12 Days Of Christmas Book Tag to celebrate! This tag was originally created by LizzieLovesBooks on youtube.
1. A Partridge In A Pear Tree: Favorite Stand-Alone Book?
That’s such a tough one! I’d probably have to pick The Invisible Life Of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab, though – it’s genuinely such a beautiful story and I loved it so much!
2. Two Turtle Doves: Fictional OTP/Favorite Ship?
I think I’d have to go with Rohan and Neil from Today Tonight Tomorrow by Rachel Lynn Solomon! Reading their relationship develop from bitter rivals to something more was really lovely and I was rooting for them throughout.
3.Three French Hens: Favorite Trilogy?
That would have to be A Good Girl’s Guide To Murder, by Holly Jackson! When I read the first book back when it was first released, it really cemented my love of mysteries, and the other two books didn’t disappoint either – in fact, As Good As Dead ended up being my favourite read of the year!
4. Four Calling Birds: Favorite Fictional Beast/Creature?
That would have to be the house elves in the Harry Potter series – they’re just too cute!
5. Five Golden Rings: Show 5 Golden Books
I don’t actually have any books with golden covers, but Kolkata Noir by Tom Vater is the closest I’ve got! I really enjoyed this book, the different time jumps and mysteries with the same characters was a really intriguing concept and I’d definitely recommend it.
6. Six Geese A Laying: Rotten Egg- What’s Your Least Favorite Book?
My least favourite book this year would have to be Even If We Break by Marieke Nijkamp – it just wasn’t at all what I expected and took me a while to get through.
7. Seven Swans A Swimming: Show A Book With Water On The Cover
That Weekend by Kara Thomas! This is definitely my favourite book of hers and I’d really recommend checking her work out – especially if you’re a big fan of mysteries!
8. Eight Maids A Milking: What Fictional Food Do You Wish You Could Taste?
Honestly, any of the food from Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures In Wonderland – mainly because I think the different effects they all have are super interesting!
9. Nine Ladies Dancing: Favorite Dance Between Two Characters?
That would have to be any of Evie and X’s from the competition in Nicola Yoon’s Instructions For Dancing! They had such brilliant chemistry as well as just generally being such a lovely and shippable couple.
10. Ten Lords a Leaping: Favorite Book-To-Movie-Adaptation?
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon! I loved the book when I first read it so I was slightly tentative about seeing the film but it didn’t disappoint! I think they kept really true to the book which I really appreciated and made me love it all the more.
11. Eleven Pipers Piping: Favorite Book-To-Movie-Adaptation Soundtrack?
The whole Harry Potter soundtrack! The music is absolutely incredible and, being such a big Potterhead, I absolutely loved it.
12. Twelve Drummers Drumming: It’s The End Of The Song; What’s Your Favorite Book Ending?
Opposite Of Always by Justin A. Reynolds! I really enjoyed the different timelines throughout the book and so the eventual ending was made all the sweeter. I’d definitely recommend picking this one up!
Have you read any of these books? What did you think of them? Let me know in the comments!
I hope you enjoyed reading this tag and it got you into the Christmas spirit!