Hi everyone! I can’t believe how close it is to Christmas now. To celebrate this, I’m going to be participating in The Joy Of Christmas Book Tag. I found this over on Leisha’s blog although it was originally created by Sam’s Nonsense on Youtube.
1) Anticipation: The Christmas excitement is real, what book release(s) are you most anticipating?
Definitely You’ll Be The Death Of Me by Karen McManus! I loved One Of Us Is Lying, One Of Us Is Next and The Cousin and so I can’t wait to read her next book… I even preordered it!
2) Christmas Songs & Carols: What book or author can you not help but sing its praises?
The ‘A Good Girl’s Guide To Murder’ series by Holly Jackson. Any regular reader will know how much I love the trilogy – I think Jackson is super talented, and she’s definitely become an auto-buy author for me!
3) Gingerbread Houses: What book or series has wonderful world-building?
The ‘Shadow And Bones’ series by Leigh Bardugo. I honestly think it’s the best world-building I’ve ever read, and I felt really immersed in the world of the Grisha. I’m still waiting to read the Six Of Crows duology next, and I’m super pumped for that!
4) A Christmas Carol: Favourite classic or one that you want to read?
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens! As an avid lover of Christmas this book was perfect for me, and I loved it when we studied it at GCSE. We even got to see a production of it, which was amazing!
5) Christmas Sweets: What book would you love to receive for Christmas?
Too many! One I’d really love to read is To Kill A Kingdom by Alexandra Christo, though – I’ve never read a Little Mermaid retelling before but this one sounds absolutely amazing!
6) Candles in the Window: What book gives you that warm fuzzy feeling?
The Invisible Life Of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab. It’s written so brilliantly and the love story between the protagonists is absolutely beautiful. I really enjoyed reading about all the travel and culture, too – it made for a lovely read!
7) Christmas Trees & Decorations: What are some of your favourite book covers?
There are so many I could choose here! These are all absolutely gorgeous, though.
8) Christmas Joy: What are some of your favourite things about Christmas?
My favourite things about Christmas are definitely spending time with loved ones, the build up, and the general festive spirit in the air. It truly is a wonderful time of year!
There you have it! I hope you enjoyed reading this tag and it installed some more of the Christmas spirit in you!